“Food is the Forgotten Medicine” ©
Clients tell me that salads don’t fill them up…and after i look at them blankly for a few minutes, i give them this no hassle recipe! 😉
2 cups Organic cherry or cocktail tomatoes
2 big Organic Heritage tomatoes (available at Lidl)
3-4 large Organic cucumber
1/2 – 1 cup fresh basil leaves
Optional if you’re looking to impress someone! add Arugula Flowers for a dash of white colour and a lovely Peppery flavour!
3 tablespoons olive oil – get the fancy stuff…you’ll be pleased you did!
1 lemon, halved & juiced
1/2 teaspoon pink himalayan salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 clove of crushed garlic
- Start by washing the tomatoes and cucumber…yes i know they’re organic….organic produce can pick up chemicals in the packaging & transport process!
Spray clean your veg…it’s a 30 second 20pence investment in your health!
Take a spray bottle -the kind you’d mist your plants with – fill it with three cups of water and one cup of white vinegar. Spray just enough to coat the surface — and then rinses it under the cold tap! 🙂
- Slice the tomatoes in different shapes and sizes for variety and textures (half some cherry toms and leave some whole). Slice & quarter the cucumbers.
- For basil again think variety….some whole leaves some finely chopped!
- Same goes for avocado…some chunky some not so chunky!
- Whack it all in a big bowl and add the dressing and toss with clean hands to coat evenly
- Add salt and pepper slowly to taste and serve!!
Best to eat straight away but should keep fairly crisp for around 3days…and if soggy salads are your thing, maybe even a few days after that!
If you try this, let me know how much it costs from your grocers or supermarket…i’m always keen to hear about the best place for organic produce in the UK