Food is the Forgotten Medicine (c)
My 28 days later programme involves cutting out dairy completely. I advocate Almond Milk (*) and homemade is best so here’s a method I’ve found works really well..
HOW TO; Make your own dairy free Almond Milk
You will need;
- Organic almonds
- Filtered or bottled water
- A nut bag/ muslin cloth
How to do it;
- Pre-soak organic skin on almonds (1 cup) for 12hrs
- Repeatedly drain and rinse at least 3 times over the 12 hours
- Blend almonds & 1 cup water (depending how watery/strong you like it) for around 2mins in a food processor
- Strain through muslin cloth (*)
- Beautiful homemade Almond Milk is yours!
- Dry almond pulp in oven – 10-15 mins at 180’c should do it
- Almond pulp can be used as a cereal substitute or in baking as an almond flour
Delicious in chai tea!
(*) if you don’t have time for homemade, always buy the ‘unsweetened’ variety and check the ingredients carefully!
(*) you can buy a special nutbag online if you like. I use this one!