Food, the forgotten medicine (c)
Bone Broth plays a huge part in healing our gut thanks to its collagen content. Another high-value food used by many traditional cultures that’s been somewhat lost in the West, bone broth will improve digestion, allergies, immune & brain health and may even help reduce cellulite AND increase hair growth!
Miraculous! It’s even been suggested bone broth should be one of the first foods used to wean your baby.
We drink Bone Broth EVERYDAY!
Here’s what you need;
- A slow cooker (ideally, but you could also use a pan and boil on a hob)
- 2 organic, free range chicken carcasses
- 1/2 bulb of garlic
- Vegetables of your choice (I usually throw in an onion & a few root veggies)
- Salt & Pepper, herbs to taste
- 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar (helps break the bones down to release the good stuff!)
Here’s what to do;
- Put all of your ingredients into your slow cooker
- Add filtered water; enough to cover the ingredients
- Turn to high to get going
- Turn to low for 18+ hours (it’s ready when the bones have become soft)
- Strain and serve, cool pack and freeze for up to three months or keep in the fridge for up to 1 week and use a base for soups